The Faculty of Health Sciences was established in 2016 under the Pokhara University Act. Although program of health sciences already been started 1997, it started the School of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences at Pokhara City. The name of this school is changed to School of Health and Allied Sciences recently. The school had a very modest start with B Pharm and M Pharm in Natural Product Chemistry Program in 2005. Faculty of Health Sciences has adopted two years Master and four years Bachelor Programs based on credit-semester system along with four years annual system of B. Sc. Nursing Program. An academic year consists of two semesters of 16 weeks each.
- To produce skilled and qualified human resources in the field of medical and paramedical sciences
- To conduct cutting-edge research in the field of medical and paramedical sciences
- To provide sophisticated medical facility
The mission of the Faculty of Health Sciences undergraduate and graduate programs are to aid and encourage students’ development into competent professionals and life-long learners who are responsible for community health/public health disciplines, including health education and related areas.
- To provide the modest Integrated Medical Services to the community.
- To produce research-oriented scientists equipped with high-tech skills and carrying profound ethical values.
- To conduct an array of effective and useful programs recognizing the need of adequately qualified and capable professionals in various disciplines of Health Sciences.
- To establish new courses in health sciences; including health tourism, through quality higher education, health and community service.
- To maintain linkages with health care professionals, academic personnel, and the community.
Goals and Objectives
- Unfold the potential and creativity of learners, advocating humanism, tolerance, reason, innovation, and search for truth competitive educational environments through extension programs
- Develop skilled human resources in the areas of law, science, technology, management, liberal arts, and educational and vocational studies
- Prepare creative and research oriented scientists in the field of basic as well as applied sciences through private participation in higher education
- Produce outstanding engineers, architects, pharmacists, biochemists, technical experts equipped with commendable ethical values, and competences to face challenges of the 21st century
Characteristics of the Program
- Courses that use a variety of learning methods including Seminars, extensive practical sessions conducted in fully equipped laboratories designed to develop skills that will facilitate learning and effective participation in students’ university experience and future professionals,
- High academic standards and quality assurance,
- Dedicated and student-oriented faculty with diverse backgrounds, extensive technical experience and high academic qualifications,
- Diverse programs concentrating on students’ growth and development as individuals as well as leaders of tomorrow’s global society, equipping them with skills and perspectives for rich and rewarding careers