As a body to assist the University conducting and managing its educational, academic and research operations, there shall be an Academic Council. At present Academic Council Consisting of the following members:
|A)||Vice-Chancellor||Chairperson||Prof. Chiranjeebi Prasad Sharma||VC, Pokhara University|
|B)||Registrar||Member||Assoc. Prof. Gobinda Prasad Sharma||Registrar, PU|
|C)||Deans||Member||Prof. Hari Bahadur Khadka||Dean, Faculty of Management Studies, PU|
|Mr. Khem Raj Joshi, PhD||Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, PU|
|Er. Buddhi Raj Joshi||Dean, Faculty of Science and Technology, PU|
|D)||Five persons from amongst the chairmen of various subject committees of the University||Member||1. Prof. Prem Raj Pant, PhD||Chairperson, Management Subject Committee, PU|
|2. Prof. Ram Bahadur Chhetri, PhD||Chairperson, Development Social Engineering Subject Committee|
|3. Prof. Bharat Raj Pahari, PhD||Chairperson, Civil & Architecture Engineering Subject Committee, PU|
|4. Mr. Bhesh Raj Kandel||Chairperson, Electronics & Communication Subject Committee, PU|
|5. Prof. Shasidharam Joshi, PhD||Chairperson, Computer, Software & IT Subject Committee, PU|
|E)||Chief of Research Center||Member||Assoc. Prof. Gulam Mohammad Khan||Director, Research Center, PU|
|F)||Chiefs of the Curriculum and Examination Divisions of the University||Member||1. Assoc. Prof. Rajesh Kumar Thagurathi||Director, Curriculum Development Center, PU|
|2. Dr. Bharat Ram Dhungana||Controller of Examination, PU|
|G)||Four persons from amongst the Campus Chiefs||Member||Prof. Ram Bahadur Khadka||Principal, SchEMs College, Kathmandu|
|H)||Two persons from amongst the teachers||Member||Prof. Shanker Khanal, PhD||Central Department of Statistic, TU|
|Member||Prof. Tara Pokhrel||Maharajgunja Nursing Campus, Kathmandu|
|I)||Two persons from amongst the educationists making substantial contribution in the education sector||Member||1. Prof. Shreedhar Prasad Lohani, PhD||Educationists, Kathmandu|
|2. Prof. Deepak Bhattarai, PhD||Educationists, Kathmandu|
|J)||The Dean designated by the Vice-Chancellor from amongst the Deans||Member-Secretary||Prof. Indra Prasad Tiwari, PhD||Dean, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, PU|
The Academic Council has following powers and functions:
- To determine the curriculum of the subjects to be studied, research and training under the University and to evaluate educational, academic and research activities of all levels.
- To fix the modes of examination.
- To determine the qualifications and numbers relating to the admission of students.
- To formulate policies relating to research and to approve the research programs.
- To evaluate the academic programs of the students.
- To determine the standard of teaching and research.
- To give opinion and advice to the Executive Council on academic matters.
- To perform such other functions as prescribed.