International Conference on Sustainable Development
23-24 June 2023
Guidelines for the Submission of Abstract
- The authors may submit abstracts of conceptual, theoretical, original research, and case studies to present at the conference.
- An abstract must be written in English.
- Previously published and presented abstracts will not be accepted.
- An abstract must be short (200 to 300 words, Times New Roman, 12pt Font, Normal), and a specific title containing no abbreviations (Times New Roman, 12pt Font, Bold, Title Case).
- Author names should be written followed by the author’s affiliation and email address (Times New Roman, 12pt Font, Normal).
- Abstracts must be organized into four sections, identified by the following headers (Times New Roman 12pt Font, Single space):
- Key findings
- Four keywords
- The scientific and publication committee reserves the right to edit abstracts, if necessary, for clarity, typographical errors correction, grammar, style and length.
- Deadline for abstract submission: 20 May 2023
- All abstracts should be sent as an attachment to the email email@example.com in .doc or .docx format (such as Microsoft Word). We do not accept PDF submissions.
- All the accepted abstracts will be published in the abstract book/conference proceeding.
Guidelines for the Submission of Full-Length Paper
- After your abstract is selected, we accept the full paper of high-quality, original and unpublished results of research in the areas of sustainable development. All paper submissions should meet the following requirements:
- All papers must be written in English and must follow the APA 7th edition formatting style.
- The papers should be at least 3000 words and should not exceed 5000 words including tables, figures and charts
- Keywords: Four
- The authors should use 12-point Times New Roman font with single space.
- All papers should pass through a double-blind peer review process and are expected to meet the scientific criteria of novelty, methodological rigorousness and academic excellence.
- Papers submitted to the conference should be original and unpublished.
- If the paper is co-authored, it is the responsibility of the corresponding author to ensure the co-author(s)’ consent to submit for publication.
- All papers should have the following components:
- Title of the paper
- Author’s full name, affiliation/address, and email address
- Abstract (200-300 words)
- Introduction (context, problem statement, objectives)
- Results and Discussions
- Recommendations (where appropriate)
- Acknowledgements (where appropriate)
- References (APA 7 Edition)
- All papers should be submitted through the Online Submission portal.
- The concerned author(s) will be responsible for all views and data presented in the papers.
- Selected papers after going through the further peer-review process will have the opportunity to get published in the upcoming volume of the Journal of Development and Social Engineering (JDSE) (ISSN: 2382-5332). JDSE is an interdisciplinary peer-reviewed journal published by the School of Development and Social Engineering, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Pokhara University. JDSE journal is indexed on NepJOL (https://www.nepjol.info/index.php/index).
- Author(s) should confirm the mode of presentation: Face-to-Face Presentation or Virtual Presentation.
- The length of the presentation, both Face-to-Face and Virtual, is 15 minutes.
- Author(s) should submit their presentation (.ppt or .pptx) for both face-to-face and virtual presentations at the conference.
- All presenters should make sure that you need to be present at the conference venue at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time for the
- If you cannot attend the conference in person, you may opt for a virtual presentation.