- Coordinator, Erasmus+ Scholarship program between Pokhara University and Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, Darmstadt, Germany (2019 to present)
- Guest Faculty at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, Darmstadt, Germany (2018 to present)
- Assistant Professor at Pokhara University, Pokhara (2013-2014 and 2016 to present).
- Assistant Professor at Pokhara Engineering College, Pokhara (2010-2012), at Gandaki College of Engineering and Sciences, Pokhara (2012-2013).
- Developer and Technical Writer at Alternative Technology, Kathmandu (2008-2009).
- Teaching Assistant at Pokhara Engineering College (2006 to 2008), at Kathmandu University (2008).
- Lexical Databases
- Word Sense Disambiguation
- Machine learning
- Automatic question answering
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Machine Learning
- Deep learning
- Data Mining
- Artificial Neural Network
- Udaya Raj Dhungana and Subarna Shakya, “PolyWordNet: Analogous to Human Mind for Word Sense Disambiguation,” Accepted to publish in International Journal of Computing and Digital System.
- Udaya Raj Dhungana and Subarna Shakya, “Word sense disambiguation using PolyWordNet,” in 2016 International Conference on Inventive Computation Technologies (ICICT), vol. 2, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- Udaya Raj Dhungana and Subarna Shakya, “Hypernymy in WordNet, Its Role in WSD and Its Limitations,” International Journal of Simulation, Systems, Science & Technology, vol. 16, no. 6, December 2015.
- Bharat Sharma and Udaya Raj Dhungana, “An improved scheme for collision resolution in cooperative communication, ” In European Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology, volume 5, pages 710–716, 2018
- Udaya Raj Dhungana and Subarna Shakya, “Polywordnet: A lexical database,” in Inventive Computation Technologies (ICICT), International Conference on, vol. 2, 2017, pp. 1-7.
- Udaya Raj Dhungana and Subarna Shakya, “Hypernymy in WordNet, Its Role in WSD, and Its Limitations,” in The 7th International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN), Riga, 2015, pp. 15-19.
- Udaya Raj Dhungana, Subarna Shakya, Kabita Baral, and Bharat Sharma, “Word Sense Disambiguation using WSD specific WordNet of polysemy words,” in Semantic Computing (ICSC), 2015 IEEE International Conference on, California, USA, Feb, 2015, pp. 148-152.
- Bharat Sharma, Shashidhar Ram Joshi, and Udaya Raj Dhungana, “A cross-layer cooperative schema for collision resolution in data networks”, In IOE Graduate Conference 2014, pages 147–150, Oct 2014