The Vice-chancellor shall be the full-time Chief Executive of the Pokhara. In order to recommend for appointment to the post of Vice-Chancellor, a committee consisting of two members of the Senate shall be constituted by the Chancellor under Chairperson-ship of the Pro-Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by the Chancellor on the recommendation of the committee. The term of office of the Vice-Chancellor shall be of four years. In absence of the Vice-Chancellor, his functions shall be carried out as provided for by the Chancellor. At present Prof. Chiranjeebi Prasad Sharma is Vice-Chancellor of Pokhara University.
The Vice-Chancellor has following powers and functions:
- To direct and supervise the works and functions of the University.
- To submit the agenda and proposal of the meeting of the Council.
- To chair the convocation ceremony of the University in absence of both the Chancellor and the Pro-chancellor.
- To make short-term as well as long-term programs for the development of the University.
- To discuss and talk with different bodies on behalf of the University.
- To design plans and programs under the policy of the University and submit them at the meeting of the Council.
Click Here to View Message from the VC