- About FHS
- Message from the Dean
- News & Events
- Seminar & Conference
The Faculty of Health Sciences was established in 2016 under the Pokhara University Act. Although program of health sciences already been started 1997, it started the School of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences at Pokhara City. The name of this school is changed to School of Health and Allied Sciences recently. The school had a very modest start with B Pharm and M Pharm in Natural Product Chemistry Program in 2005. Faculty of Health Sciences has adopted two years Master and four years Bachelor Programs based on credit-semester system along with four years annual system of B. Sc. Nursing Program. An academic year consists of two semesters of 16 weeks each.
- To produce skilled and qualified human resources in the field of medical and paramedical sciences
- To conduct cutting-edge research in the field of medical and paramedical sciences
- To provide sophisticated medical facility
The mission of the Faculty of Health Sciences undergraduate and graduate programs are to aid and encourage students’ development into competent professionals and life-long learners who are responsible for community health/public health disciplines, including health education and related areas.
- To provide the modest Integrated Medical Services to the community.
- To produce research-oriented scientists equipped with high-tech skills and carrying profound ethical values.
- To conduct an array of effective and useful programs recognizing the need of adequately qualified and capable professionals in various disciplines of Health Sciences.
- To establish new courses in health sciences; including health tourism, through quality higher education, health and community service.
- To maintain linkages with health care professionals, academic personnel, and the community.
Goals and Objectives
- Unfold the potential and creativity of learners, advocating humanism, tolerance, reason, innovation, and search for truth competitive educational environments through extension programs
- Develop skilled human resources in the areas of law, science, technology, management, liberal arts, and educational and vocational studies
- Prepare creative and research oriented scientists in the field of basic as well as applied sciences through private participation in higher education
- Produce outstanding engineers, architects, pharmacists, biochemists, technical experts equipped with commendable ethical values, and competences to face challenges of the 21st century
Characteristics of the Program
- Courses that use a variety of learning methods including Seminars, extensive practical sessions conducted in fully equipped laboratories designed to develop skills that will facilitate learning and effective participation in students’ university experience and future professionals,
- High academic standards and quality assurance,
- Dedicated and student-oriented faculty with diverse backgrounds, extensive technical experience and high academic qualifications,
- Diverse programs concentrating on students’ growth and development as individuals as well as leaders of tomorrow’s global society, equipping them with skills and perspectives for rich and rewarding careers
As Dean, I am delighted to welcome you to our Faculty of Health Sciences, Pokhara University. Faculty of Health Sciences belief that we are here to provide the resources needed for our students to succeed. We the faculty and staff are dedicated and supportive because we see students as an investment in the future. We have developed and deliver programs and courses which provide knowledge and experiences that serve as a strong foundation for our students. Our graduates are involving academics and non-academic sectors across the country and around the world in a variety of careers.
At present we have Master programs (M Pharm in Natural Product Chemistry, M Pharm in Clinical Pharmacy, MPH in Health Promotion Education, MPH in Health Service management)and Bachelor programs (B Pharmacy, B Sc MLT, BPH, BSc Nursing, BSc Medical Microbiology) in our constituents Schools and Bachelor programs (B Pharmacy, B Sc MLT, BPH, B ScNursing, B Sc Medical Microbiology) in the affiliated colleges.
Our goal reinforcing us towards new technology and demands in market to make the health service profoundly competitive, health education needs to be global in outlook, rigorous and bold.We are dedicated to developing your potential in the different fields of Health Sciences. To establish the Medical College and Teaching Hospital with Integrated Medical Service is one of the most prestigious goals to us. Integrated medical service includes Western, Ayurbedic, Amchi, and Yoga medicine system of treatments under the same hospital.
We recruit and support the most talented, resourceful and indefatigable students, faculty and staff.Our programs equip emerging leaders with the knowledge, research insights and personal effectiveness skills to make an impact on business, the public sector and not-for-profit sectors; to manage yourself, your team, your function and your organization.By enrolling at Faculty of Health Sciences program you will become a part of an institution whose name and outstanding reputation are recognized worldwide.
If you are already the member of Health Sciences, or are committed to becoming a member of us, you are warmly welcomed, and I encourage you to explore the many opportunities for engagement with this diverse community. For those of you that are perspective students, I encourage you to contact Dean`s officePokhara or University Liaison Office at Kathmandu.
Khem Raj Joshi, PhD.
Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences
Pokhara University has offered the following Master and Bachelor programs under the Faculty of Health Sciences:
|S.No.||Constituent Program||Fee Structure||Affiliated Program||Remarks|
|1||Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Natural Product Chemistry||-||Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science||-|
|2||Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Clinical Pharmacy||-||Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology||-|
|3||Master of Public Health in Health Promotion Education||-||Bachelor of Public Health||-|
|4||Master of Public Health in Health Service Management||-||Bachelor of Science in Nursing||-|
|5||Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science||--||Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry||-|
|6||Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology||-||Bachelor of Science in Medical Microbiology||-|
|7||Bachelor of Public Health||-||Bachelor of Science in Medical Biochemistry||-|
|8||Bachelor of Science in Nursing||-||-|
|S.N.||Faculty Name||Designation||Time at Pokhara University||Subject||Program|
|1.||Dr. Bhishnu Raj Tiwari||Professor||2068/01/04||Microbiology||BSc. MLT|
|2.||Dr. Nabin Shrestha||Professor||2072/06/20||Public Health||Public Health|
|3.||Dr. Duk Bahadur Chhetri||Professor|
|4.||Dr. Nirmala Jammerkattel||Associate Professor||2062/08/10||Organic Chemistry||Pharmacy|
|5.||Mr. Gulam Mohammad Khan||Associate Professor||2072/06/20||Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|6.||Mr. Namaraj Dhami||Assistant Professor||2062/08/10||Medicinal Botany/Pharmacological||Pharmacy|
|7.||Mr. Purna Chandra Sharma||Assistant Professor||2062/08/10||Computer Science|
|8.||Mr. Niranjan Shrestha||Assistant Professor||2062/08/10||Mathematics/Statistics|
|9.||Mr. Prakash Paudel||Assistant Professor||2062/08/10||Computer Science|
|10.||Dr. Khemraj Joshi||Assistant Professor||2066/09/26||Pharmacy|
|11.||Mrs. Kalpana Baral (Parajuli)||Assistant Professor||2066/09/26||Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|12.||Dr. Damaru Prasad Paneru||Assistant Professor||2066/09/26||Public Health||Public Health|
|13.||Mr. Tulsi Ram Bhandari||Assistant Professor||2066/09/26||Public Health||Public Health|
|14.||Mr. Komal Prasad Malla||Assistant Professor||2066/09/26||Physical Chemistry||Pharmacy|
|15.||Mr. Umesh Prasad Gupta||Assistant Professor||2066/09/26||Medical Lab Technology|
|16.||Mr. Narayan Prasad Kandel||Assistant Professor||2066/09/26||Medical Microbiology|
|17.||Mr. Niraj Chaudhary||Assistant Professor||2066/09/26||Medical Lab Technology||BSc. MLT|
|18.||Mr. Hari Prasad Kafle||Assistant Professor||2068/10/03||Public Health||Public Health|
|19.||Dr. Dipendra Kumar Yadav||Assistant Professor||2068/10/03||Public Health||Public Health|
|20.||Dr. Santosh Kumar Gurung||Assistant Professor||2068/10/03||Pharmaceutical/Organic Chemistry|
|21.||Mr. Jaya Prakash Shaha||Assistant Professor||2068/10/03||Clinical Biochemistry|
|22.||Mr. Raju Pandey||Assistant Professor||2066/10/17||Biochemistry||BSc. MLT|
|23.||Mr. Sushil Adhikari||Assistant Professor||2067/09/21||English|
|24.||Mrs. Parbati Thapa||Assistant Professor||2067/10/04||Pharmaceutical Care Science||Pharmacy|
|25.||Mr. Suresh Jaisawal||Assistant Professor||2068/07/01||Medical Microbiology||BSc. MLT|
|26.||Mr. Sudarshan Subedi||Assistant Professor||2068/09/22||Public Health||Public Health|
|27.||Mr. Dhaka Raj Pant||Assistant Professor||2068/09/22||Microbiology||BSc. MLT|
|28.||Mr. Chiranjeebi Adhikari||Assistant Professor||2069/04/15||Public Health||Public Health|
|29.||Mr. Bishnu Prasad Neupane||Assistant Professor||2069/04/15||Nature Product Chemistry||Pharmacy|
|30.||Dr. Him Lal Gautam||Assistant Professor||2069/04/16||Statistic|
|31.||Mrs. Rojana Dhakal||Assistant Professor||2070/09/09||Nursing||Nursing|
|32.||Mrs. Nirmal Neupane||Assistant Professor||2071/10/15||Nursing||Nursing|
|33.||Mrs. Jeni Ojha||Assistant Professor||2072/01/07||Nursing||Nursing|
|34.||Mrs. Karun Tamang Gurung||Assistant Professor||2072/08/017||Nursing||Nursing|
|35.||Mrs. Ritu Adhikari||Assistant Professor||2072/12/26||Nursing||Nursing|
|36.||Mrs. Prabha Karki||Assistant Professor||2072/12/22||Nursing||Nursing|
|37.||Mr. Atisammodavardan Kaudinnyayan||Assistant Professor||2071/09/20||Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|38.||Dr. Sheela Gurung||Assistant Professor||2072/08/17||Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|39.||Mrs. Brinda Parajuli||Assistant Professor||2072/08/17||Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|40.||Mrs. Sumit Shrestha||Assistant Professor||2072/08/21||Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|41.||Mr. Prakash Paudel||Assistant Professor||2072/08/20||Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|42.||Mr. Bhupendra Sharma||Teaching Assistant||2067/03/15||BSc. MLT||BSc MLT|