INNOTAL (Integrating Talent Development into Innovation Ecosystems in Higher Education) is one of the international Projects currently being run in PU, with a special emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation.
The project aims to provide a platform, a space, to explore and practice entrepreneurship and innovation right from our college days.
For this a “Talent co-creation Lab” has been set up since January 2020.This lab is set-up for the students, and is moderated by the students to practice innovation. As a name goes “Talent co-creation” this is a space where talent is fostered together with the efforts from internal stakeholders, external stakeholders and from the students.
Talent Co-Creation Lab does all these to sensitize on Graduates’ Employability of all the four faculties of Pokhara University.
The space is “student–oriented” and is made technologically friendly as we have Laptops, tablets, color printers; we have a space to explore creativity; we’ve very experienced facilitators.
Now all TCCL seeks for is the active participation of students, and very especially the students from 7th and 8th semesters.
We have conducted some explorative sessions in the past which were facilitated by our very distinguished internal and external stakeholders; who have immense experience and knowledge.
Here are some of the highlights from the past sessions:
2) “Redrawing Women Entrepreneurship in Tourism”. This session was successfully conducted on March 27, 2021.
3) On 3rd April, 2021 we organized the third episode named “Creative Discourse on Software Development” with the aim to support entrepreneurship and innovation.
In this session a Student built project was discussed.
Mr. Bikram Parajuli (who is also a member of Students’ Volunteering Team) on behalf of “Code Kavya” along with his other team members, pitched his project idea (which he is currently working on).
It is about a development of a software; a mobile app which provides to access notices, information of different clubs in Pokhara University, information on colleges (both central and affiliated), contact resources and many more.
Therefore, through this app, information of Pokhara University will be delivered to the students efficiently. The work is on progress and I myself as a student of Pokhara University, I am very excited use it.
4) “Innovative Waste Management & Water Resource Strategies” was successfully conducted on 7 April, 2021.
5) On 18 September, 2021, a much awaited and insightful program – ‘Exchanging Opportunities for students with External Partners’ was conducted successfully in the presence external stakeholders and respected dignitaries from Pokhara University. The program was chaired by Dr. Daya Raj Dhakal, Dean of Faculty of Management Studies, Pokhara University.
6) Similarly, Internal Stakeholders Meet was successfully conducted on 2nd October, 2021.
The sessions have really been fruit so far.As the saying goes, “The journey of thousand miles begins with a single step”.Similarly, we have just begun, we have milestones to achieve.
We shall be conducting different activities and competitions in the days to come in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders; all in an effort to foster innovations with a two year action plan.
Pokhara University, Old Administration Block-Ground Floor, Pokhara–30, Kaski, Nepal.
Here are some of the pictures of Talent Co- creation lab and the activities conducted.