Welcome to Pokhara University’s website. Since its inception in 1997, Pokhara University has been one of the fastest growing universities in Nepal. It is located at Lekhnath Municipality in the Pokhara Valley, which is famous worldwide for the Himalayas, beautiful lakes, and fascinating hills. The university has been established to contribute to the development of the country by producing high quality, skilled and knowledgeable manpower. In a short span of time, Pokhara University has gained a very positive reputation and has become the first choice for many students.
The university is committed to meeting the following goals:
- To produce skilled and qualitative human resource in the areas of science, technology, management, law, humanities, education and other professional areas for national development;
- To preserve and develop the historical and cultural heritage of the nation;
- To produce manpower competent enough in the global context;
- To encourage private sector participation in the development of higher education;
- To create healthy, respectful and result oriented, and disciplined academic environment by improving quality in higher education; and
- To promote the quality and standard of higher education through healthy competition.
In order to achieve our goals, we are prepared to take as much effort as possible.
Theoretical knowledge, unless it is put into practice in real life, does not serve the purpose of education fully. The university, therefore, aims at creating an environment where students can analyze problems and find solutions themselves, and where they can explore their potential and develop their personality. We want to produce students with a strong sense of responsibility towards their nation and the world.
Pokhara University has already established relation with 42 national and international universities. We want to further develop global academic network in the future. We are committed to the cause of education and want to make Pokhara University a centre of academic excellence and attraction through quality teaching, learning and research. We welcome creative suggestions and cooperation from our well wishers for this purpose.
Prof. Khagendra Prasad Bhattarai
P.O. Box: 427, Lekhnath, Kaski, Pokhara