Pokhara University Research Center (PURC) has established in 2012, under the act of Pokhara University. The purpose of its establishment is to promote the scientific and quality research in all three existing faculties of university.
PURC has mandatory authority to approve research proposals and monitor their progress.
- Improve the staff’s research capability and their professional development with their research output and peer esteem by creating an environment and infrastructure that fosters and supports high quality research across the full range of disciplines in the university.
- Support multidisciplinary research by building of research teams and encouraging co-operation between university staffs and collaborative research institutes so as to maximize mutual benefit.
- Promote the research expertise of the university to external parties, both local and international, including industry, while adhering to the principles of academic freedom and institutional autonomy.
- Research Management committee
- Ethical Review committee
- Proposal review committee/ Experts
- Research Promotion committee