Pokhara University MBA at a glance
The MBA (Master’s in Business Administration) programme at School of Business, Pokhara University is a general management degree taught from a global perspective that prepares students for a range of management careers. It is primarily directed toward individuals who already have work experience in professional jobs or in entry-level to mid-level management positions. Our MBA programmes have a strong foundation in academic research, yet all are designed to tackle the very real issues that face today’s international business community.
The MBA degree represents career collaboration and personal developments are intrinsically linked to achieving career aspirations. For some students, the Pokhara University MBA is the next step on their existing career trajectory. For others, it provides the opportunity to reconsider their futures and either embark on a related field or a totally new career direction. Armed with both the qualification and the experience of the Pokhara University MBA degree, our students go on to enjoy fulfilling, successful careers in major corporations and organisations in Nepal and elsewhere. Other students are inspired to set up their own businesses, perhaps using their graduate research project or their thesis as an opportunity to develop their own business plan. The school offers a real focus on entrepreneurship, which will help shape the business world tomorrow.
Pokhara University’s School of Business offers several career-focused concentrations. These courses allow students to gain additional knowledge and skills on specific concentration areas. The students are required to select any four courses from any one of the following concentration areas.
- Financial Institution and Markets
- Portfolio Management and Security Analysis
- International Finance
- Financial Derivatives and Risk Management
- Management of Capital Investment Decisions
- Corporate Financing Decisions
- Working Capital Management
- Financial Restructuring Strategy
Management Science and Systems
- Business Processing Re-engineering
- Total Quality Management
- System Analysis and Design
- Optimization Theory
- Decision Support System
- Supply Chain and Global Operations
- Database Management
- Business Simulation
- Service Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior
- Promotions Management
- Global Marketing
- Strategic Brand Management
- Compensation Management
- Career Development Strategies in HRM
- Employee Relations Management
- Performance Management
- International HRM
- Seminar in HRM
- Organizational Development
- International Management
- Management Challenges in Emerging Economies
- Conflict Management and Negotiation Strategies
- Managing for Quality Improvement
- Knowledge Management
- Competitive Strategy
- Seminar in General Management
The following courses have been identified for electives. These courses offer students the flexibility to customize their needs and meet their career interests and goals. The offerings are basically sectoral and application courses which address the systematic integration across all of the business disciplines.
Real Estate Management | Management of Technology | Tourism and Hospitality Management | Insurance and Risk Management | Business Tax Planning | Project Management | Bank Operation and Management | Multinational Management | Social Entrepreneurship | Strategies for Sustainable Management | Management of Service Sector Organization | Productivity Perspective
in Management Development | Rural Marketing and Agribusiness |
Students are required to have exposure in assigned organizations for a period of 8 to 10 weeks under the Internship Program. Students are required to present the Internship Project Report in the prescribed format. The evaluation of the Internship shall be based on confidential report of the host organization, along with the quality of the seminar presentation.
Graduate Research Project
The graduate research project is undertaken alongside the taught element of the program. The topic is chosen the end of the second year. You then have 12 months in which to conduct the research and write the project. The topic can be of direct relevance to your workplace – an opportunity to tackle an issue which you or your business may be currently facing. A successful research project may have not only a direct business benefit, but a positive impact on your career within the organization.
An eligible candidate applying for the MBA program has to sit in a written Entrance Examination and a Personal Interview. The candidate will be offered admission according to the merit list published on the basis of student’s past academic performance, entrance examination and the personal interview.
Eligibility for Admission
The applicant must have a minimum of 15 years formal education (12 years of schooling plus three years of graduation) having a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or 45 percent in Bachelor’s level in any discipline.
The applicant is required to submit the following documents with the duly completed and signed application form:
- Two passport size photograph
- Official attested copies of certificates and transcripts/mark-sheets of all the relevant academic qualifications
- Migration certificate
- Application processing fee of Rs. 1000/-
Important to Note that:
- Enrolment is conditional upon completion of all admission formalities including payment of all fees as appropriate. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- If the student in the merit list is unable to apply for admission within the required period, the admission shall automatically be cancelled and the opportunity will go to the alternative candidate.