Faculty of Science and Technology Dean ’s Message & Assistant Dean’s Message
All things being transient, today’s high-tech is tomorrow’s low-tech. Only science and technology professionals who have a consolidated foundation can cope with this rapidly changing world.
The Faculty of Science and Technology, FST, includes two Schools, School of Engineering and School of Health and Allied Sciences. The curricula of the school is designed to integrate four years of undergraduate and two years of graduate school education as a consecutive process to develop students’ problem solving abilities where students learn the fundamentals of science and technology, and even social and even related behavioral aspects.
I strongly believe that the educational ideal of the schools is to achieve the integration between the science and technology through instruction and practical exposure, because a theory and its application are two wheels of the same cart.
I encourage you to explore more, throughout this website, about our programs, laboratories, research, and faculty, in the Faculty of Science and Technology. If you have new ideas that can inspire us, please feel free to share with us. We cannot make the university better without your support.
Our schools will awaken your full potential!
Dr. Suresh Prasad Bastola, MBBS,MScPH
Dean, Faculty of Science and Technology
The Faculty of Science and Technology was established in 1997 under the Pokhara University Act. In 1997, it started the School of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences at the rented building in Pokhara City. The school had a very modest start with B.Pharm. Program, and M. Pharm. in Natural Product Chemistry Program in 2005. PU has adopted four years Bachelor Programs based on credit-semester system. An academic year of the University consists of two semesters of 16 weeks each.
to be a leader in preparing research-oriented scientists equipped with high-tech skills and profound ethical values
- conduct an array of effective and useful programs recognizing the need of adequately qualified and capable professionals in various disciplines of Applied Science and Engineering
- offer courses in health sciences, including health tourism through quality higher education, health and community service
- develop the institution into a Center of Excellence for Higher Education by enhancing teaching, learning and research activities accelerate the national development process by producing job market-driven, responsible, productive, welfare focused and committed human resources
- link the university system with community services
Goals and Objectives
- unfold the potential and creativity of learners, advocating humanism, tolerance, reason, innovation, and search for truth competitive educational environments through extension programs
- develop skilled human resources in the areas of law, science, technology, management, liberal arts, and educational and vocational studies
- prepare creative and research oriented scientists in the field of basic as well as applied sciences through private participation in higher education
- produce outstanding engineers, architects, pharmacists, biochemists, technical experts equipped with commendable ethical values, and competences to face challenges of the 21st century
Characteristics of the Program
- high academic standards and quality assurance
- extensive practical sessions conducted in fully equipped laboratories and workshops
- dedicated and student-oriented faculty with diverse backgrounds, extensive technical experience and high academic qualifications
- diverse programs concentrating on students’ growth and development as individuals as well as leaders of tomorrow’s global society, equipping them with skills and perspectives for rich and rewarding careers
Quality education should necessarily not be limited to rhetoric. It has to be in reality and action, so that the university students imbibe critical thinking skills, develop positive attitude to work, and enhance competitiveness to excel. Pokhara University, the youngest university system operating full-fledged programs in the country, aims at producing human resources capable of working for the local as well as the global community.
Pokhara University has offered the following Master and Bachelor programs under the Faculty of Science and Technology:
- Master of Science in Environmental Management
- Master of Computer Science
- Master of Science in Natural Resources Management
- Master of Science in Construction Management
- Master of Science in Interdisciplinary Water Resource Management
- Master of Science in Transportation Engineering & Management
- Master of Computer Engineering
- Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Natural Product Chemistry
- Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Clinical Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Civil & Rural Engineering
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering for Diploma Holders
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Bachelor of Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Annual)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Semester)
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Computer Application