Dr. Karna Bir Poudyal
Dean, Faculty of Management Studies,
School of Business, Pokhara University. Email: email@example.com
With the adoption of the liberalization and globalization, the Nepali business is getting global opportunities. But at the same time, it is also facing intense competition from the other parts of world. Sound strategic management coupled with a global vision and a sound grounding in financial and operational decision making become more important than ever. Thus, in turn, it requires mangers who can think globally, act locally and manage effectively. The need for educated, professional managers in all sectors of the Nepali economy is now greater than ever.
We at faculty of Management Studies have been continuously and steadily progressing under this motto. We have led the development of management education in Nepal by designing our programmes to meet the needs of Nepalese economy as well as the corporate across the globe.
We offer six undergraduate and six graduate’s programmes.The M.phil and Ph.D. programmes are scheduled to commence in next year. The various courses have been designed to cater to the diverse needs of industries in general and financial sector in particular. During its existence of 13 years the Faculty of Management Studies has produced excellent management professionals who are occupying prominent positions not only in country but also abroad. We are committed to providing our students with the best possible education so that they can meet the emerging challenges of the global economy particularly in the post economic recession era. In order to prosper in this fast moving job market, our students have been nurtured to be grounded in the reality and work effectively from the moment they are employed.
It is our mission to cultivate those professionals who will become the next generation leaders. As the Dean of the faculty, it gives me great honor to welcome you and thank you for your co-operation .I also look forward to your continuous support in developing and nurturing our management students.
The Pokhara University School of Management (Business) is an institution rich in resources with a strong band of faculty and competitive graduate and undergraduate students. A leading constituent business school of Pokhara University, the Faculty of Management Studies, in efforts to maintain quality education, consistently focuses on academic growth and professional competence of individual students. Its faculty and staff are committed to enhance students’ communication skills by recognizing learners’ challenges at the university and the workplace.
to take a leading position in the higher education in management in a competitive business world.
- provide quality based programs in different areas of administration and management to meet needs and demands of an increasing global market and complex business world
- focus on the “real” world of employment, underpinned by an international research capability based on academic excellence and practical business relevance
- offer business and management courses that combines a thorough grounding in both management theory and practice with the opportunity to specialize in accounting, finance, human resource management, marketing and international business
Goals and Objectives
- produce market-driven and service-oriented managers and executives with various level of competence through teaching, learning and research
- link the PU system with the community and the business world by preparing business graduates with positive attitudes and constructive minds
- equip youths with managerial skills and professional expertise to face unprecedented levels of complex operational challenges both at home and aboard
The twenty-first century has witnessed uninterrupted expansions in global economics, rapid changes in business systems and technologies, and increasing concerns in business ethics. Pokhara University, therefore, believes that it is the responsibility of any service-oriented private or public organization to respond to these global concerns. The Faculty of Management Studies has the vision to address these issues and, thus, serve the best interest of people and the global community.
Salient Features of the Program
- internationally focused programs incorporating both the wisdom of the world’s scholars and the real world experience of leading professionals
- the faculty comprised of prominent scholars and researchers with a rare blend of outstanding academic credentials and professional experience in business and service sectors
- integrated and interdisciplinary approach combining a modern business curriculum with a strong foundation in the arts and sciences
Pokhara University has offered the following Master and Bachelor Programs under the Faculty of Management Studies:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Global Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Finance)
- Master of Business Administration – Executive
- Master of Health Care Management
- Master of Computer Information System
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Computer Information System
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Insurance
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Travel and Tourism