Dr. Karna Bir Poudyal
Dean, Faculty of Management Studies,
It is a pride and privilege for me to pen this message as the Dean of the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS). The FMS was founded in the 1999s and has a proud history and heritage as the pioneering institution for management education in this region. FMS is committed to high quality teaching and research, promoting an intellectually stimulating multidisciplinary environment for its students. This is reflected in our strategic intent of remaining as ‘the Center of Excellence in Management Education’. We envisage engaging business and society to influence the present and shape the future through our scholarly pursuits. The curricula of our programs offered are rigorously and continuously reviewed and updated by highly qualified academics in consultation with the key stakeholders with a focus on addressing local, regional and international requirements and standards. Consistent with its policy of contributing to higher education of the nation, the FMS has also started PhD in Management. The Faculty is dedicated to equip the graduates with contemporary theories and applications of management and related disciplines, to enhance their skills in critical thinking, analysis, problem-solving and communication and also to develop their personal qualities to meet the requirements of the dynamic and complex nature of business and to make them good citizens for society. Our vision is to be one of the finest management schools and a leader in the country. Our mission is to make a difference in the quality of management education and practices leading to superior thinking and living for sustainable development and enhancement of entrepreneurial spirit. We intend to instill useful skills, leadership, responsibility, and high ethics among our graduates.
With the dedication, enthusiasm and hard work, the faculty has been able to produce fully fledged graduates who are capable of addressing the needs and requirements of the 21st century. Our journey is towards excellence. We believe in delivering life skills and developing value. The School of Business (SOB) of FMS takes pride in our outstanding faculty members, staffs, alumni and students who have continuously supported and guided us through the challenges of today’s very complex business world. The SOB offers MBA (trimester system), BBA and BBA-BI programs and adopts student-centric teaching pedagogy. I am proud to extend a warm welcome to you to share in our proud legacy of being a prominent management school and to participate in our unique learning environment. I am aware that management education is at a very challenging moment of time and I am pleased to invite you to be a part of us to take on the challenges lying ahead.
We look forward to welcoming you!
The Pokhara University School of Management (Business) is an institution rich in resources with a strong band of faculty and competitive graduate and undergraduate students. A leading constituent business school of Pokhara University, the Faculty of Management Studies, in efforts to maintain quality education, consistently focuses on academic growth and professional competence of individual students. Its faculty and staff are committed to enhance students’ communication skills by recognizing learners’ challenges at the university and the workplace.
to take a leading position in the higher education in management in a competitive business world.
- provide quality based programs in different areas of administration and management to meet needs and demands of an increasing global market and complex business world
- focus on the “real” world of employment, underpinned by an international research capability based on academic excellence and practical business relevance
- offer business and management courses that combines a thorough grounding in both management theory and practice with the opportunity to specialize in accounting, finance, human resource management, marketing and international business
Goals and Objectives
- produce market-driven and service-oriented managers and executives with various level of competence through teaching, learning and research
- link the PU system with the community and the business world by preparing business graduates with positive attitudes and constructive minds
- equip youths with managerial skills and professional expertise to face unprecedented levels of complex operational challenges both at home and aboard
The twenty-first century has witnessed uninterrupted expansions in global economics, rapid changes in business systems and technologies, and increasing concerns in business ethics. Pokhara University, therefore, believes that it is the responsibility of any service-oriented private or public organization to respond to these global concerns. The Faculty of Management Studies has the vision to address these issues and, thus, serve the best interest of people and the global community.
Salient Features of the Program
- internationally focused programs incorporating both the wisdom of the world’s scholars and the real world experience of leading professionals
- the faculty comprised of prominent scholars and researchers with a rare blend of outstanding academic credentials and professional experience in business and service sectors
- integrated and interdisciplinary approach combining a modern business curriculum with a strong foundation in the arts and sciences
Pokhara University has offered the following Master and Bachelor Programs under the Faculty of Management Studies:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Global Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Finance)
- Master of Business Administration – Executive
- Master of Health Care Management
- Master of Computer Information System
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Computer Information System
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Insurance
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Travel and Tourism