Pokhara University Central Library (PUCL) was established along with the academic programs of University in 1999. It began with a collection of 200 volumes of books. Now, the collection exceeds 21,000 volumes of books. In addition, there are the collection of periodicals, thesis and CDs, journals, e-journals, magazines and newspapers. This library is automated with LIBRA software from which all internal tasks such as book and patron management are being carried out by the software. For security purpose library is using CCTV cameras. We have 4 cameras in reference section and 4 in circulation section. Currently, 12 staff are working in the library.
This library is an academic library so it is responsible to disseminate information, store information for the use of users.
The main function of this library is to provide, information, resources and research support for its members.
Library Opening Hours
This library opens in all days except public and local holidays. Generally, library opens at early in the morning to late evening.
Reference section opens at 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM in summer season and it opens at 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM in winter.
Circulation section opens at 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM in summer season and it opens at 7:00 AM to 3.30 PM in winter.
The users of PUCL are students, teachers, researchers and staff of the University. Currently, PUCL has more over 2200 users.
Students, teachers and staff are the member of the library. If a person wants to enroll himself as a member, he/she should contact with library staff. After completing the formalities, he/she will be registered as a member. It is requested that two copies of auto size photographs along with filled library form should submit to the library.
- Book transactions
- Document delivery
- User education
- Reference service
- CAS (Current Awareness Service)
- OPAC services
- Photocopy & Printing facilities
Being a research cum teaching university, focus has been given to enrich the reference collection along with text books. There are several online information resources available purely for academic purpose. PUCL has got an on-line access to leading e-journals. It was made possible through INASP/PERII (Program for the Enhancement of Research Information), and NeLIC (Nepal Library & Information Consortium)
E- Resources under INASP/PERii
- Acoustic Society of America (http://scitation.aip.org)
- American Institute of Physics (www.journals.aip.org)
- Annual Reviews (www.annualreviews.org)
- Cambridge University Press – Cambridge journals (www.journals.cambridge.org)
- Geological Society (www.lyellcollection.org)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) (More info…)
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers (www.liebertonline.com)
- NPG (Nature and Palgrave Macmillan Journals) (as subscribed) (More info…)
- OSA – Optical Society of America (More info…)
- Oxford University Press – Oxford Journals (www.oxfordjournals.org)
- Policy Press (More info…)
- Project MUSE (More info…)
- Royal Society – Royal Society Journals Online (More info…)
- Symposium Journals (More info…)
- University of Chicago Press